A corporate travel management company (TMC) is a specialised travel agency that assists corporations and businesses in managing their travel programs.
A TMC typically provides end-to-end travel management services, including booking flights, hotels, car rentals, and other travel-related benefits and managing expenses, reporting, and analytics.
In addition, a TMC can provide expert advice on travel policy development, compliance, risk management, and traveler safety. They also help companies negotiate favourable rates with travel vendors and implement cost-saving strategies.
How do Corporate travel management companies work? They use technology and automation to streamline the travel booking and management process, which helps to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
A TMC can help companies optimise their travel budgets, increase traveler satisfaction, and free up resources to focus on core business activities. Not sure what you want? Book free travel assessment.
How do Corporate Travel Management Companies Work?
Corporate travel management companies (TMC’s) work by providing end-to-end travel management services to businesses and corporations. Here is a typical overview of how a TMC works:
- Consultation: A TMC typically starts by consulting with clients to understand their travel needs, preferences, and policies. This helps the TMC to customise its services to meet the client’s requirements.
- Travel booking: The TMC uses its technology and expertise to book flights, hotels, rental cars, and other travel-related services on behalf of the client. They also manage the booking process, such as cancellations and changes. This ensures that the client gets the best deal possible.
- Expense management: TMCs manage expenses related to business travel, such as invoicing, payment processing, and reimbursement. This helps the client to optimise their travel budget and reduce costs.
- Reporting and analytics: TMCs provide detailed reporting and analytics on travel expenses, patterns, and trends. This helps the client to track their travel spend and identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Risk management: TMCs help clients to manage travel-related risks, such as security, health, and safety issues. They guide travel policies, emergency response plans, and traveller tracking to ensure the safety and well-being of employees.
- Travel policy development: TMCs help clients to develop and implement travel policies that align with their business goals and objectives. They also guide compliance with local laws and regulations.
Overall, a TMC works to provide a comprehensive travel management solution that helps businesses optimise their travel budgets, reduce travel costs, and increase traveller satisfaction.
Benefits of using a Corporate Travel Management Companies
Using a corporate travel management company (TMC) for businesses and corporations has several benefits. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Cost savings: TMCs have expertise in negotiating with travel vendors, which can result in significant cost savings for businesses. TMCs can also help to identify cost-saving opportunities, such as consolidating travel bookings and using preferred vendors.
- Time savings: Managing business travel can be time-consuming for employees. Outsourcing travel management to a TMC allows businesses to free up their employees’ time to focus on other tasks.
- Improved traveller experience: TMCs can provide personalised travel services, such as booking preferred seats, arranging ground transportation, and recommending local restaurants and attractions. This can enhance the overall traveller experience and increase employee satisfaction.
- Risk management: TMCs can help businesses to manage travel-related risks, such as security threats, natural disasters, and health emergencies. They can guide travel policies, emergency response plans, and traveller tracking to ensure the safety and well-being of employees.
- Reporting and analytics: TMCs can provide detailed reporting and analytics on travel expenses, patterns, and trends. This can help businesses to track their travel spend and identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Expertise and support: TMCs have expertise in travel management and can guide best practices, compliance, and industry trends. They can also support travellers, such as assistance with visa applications and travel insurance.
Overall, using a TMC can help businesses to optimise their travel budgets, improve the traveller experience, and mitigate travel-related risks.
Corporate travel management companies (TMCs) typically offer several payment methods to clients. Here are some standard payment methods:
- Credit cards: Credit cards are a popular payment method for corporate travel. Most TMCs can set up corporate credit cards linked to the client’s account and used to pay for travel-related expenses.
- Virtual payment cards: Virtual payment cards are a secure and convenient payment method that can be used for online travel bookings. TMCs can issue virtual payment cards linked to the client’s account and used for specific bookings.
- Direct billing: The TMC is billing the client directly for travel-related expenses. This payment method is often used for high-volume clients or specific types of travel, such as group travel.
- Prepaid cards: Prepaid cards are a payment method that involves loading a specific amount of money onto a card that can be used for travel-related expenses. This payment method can be used to control travel spending and costs.
- Bank transfers involve transferring money from the client’s bank account to the TMC’s account to pay for travel-related expenses. This payment method is often used for large or international payments.
Overall, TMCs can provide flexible payment options that meet clients’ needs, help optimise travel budgets, and control expenses.